Internet is becoming increasingly important in the income statements of companies. Consumers rely on search engines like Google, Yahoo or Bing to locate information about products and services you wish to purchase, consulting only, in most cases, those pages that appear in the top results.
“If you’re not on the first page does not exist”
Rank among the top indexed by a search engine has become an uphill battle for many companies, which use various marketing techniques to achieve greater visibility and that this translates into increased sales. Digital Marketing actions aimed at web scale our positions in a search engine we can group them into cash shares (Search Engine Marketing or SEM) and free shares (Search Engine Optimization or SEO). The first results of the SEM strategies can be seen almost immediately, you lie that the improvement in the positioning of a site derived from SEO techniques take longer, do not despair.Getting your SEO strategy comes to fruition you can from these tips and avoid some common mistakes:
On Page SEO, optimizing our website
- If you’re working with a domain that has changed hands several times notifies Google that disallow links above, could adversely affect the positioning of the site.
- If you have not yet created your website, try the domain name contains the main keyword for which you want to position, is very effective.
- Place the most important keyword in the “Title” tag, is a key basic SEO On Page Optimization.Includes the same keyword also in the “H1” tag.
- “Mima” tag “Meta Description” of your content, it must be less than 155 characters, contain the main keywords and be attractive to consumers (be descriptive lines that appear in the search engine results).
- No obvies the importance of information architecture, build friendly, short and descriptive URLs that hold your keywords related to the page content, page titles should contain relevant terms contained therein, not to exceed 65 characters , when conducting site analytics website will greatly facilitate the work.
- Try not to repeat a title on the web as well as URLs or other common elements and tags.
- It checks the html code of your page that language is the target indicated that you go (for Spanish, for example, would be: “es-ES”).
- Creates a site map of your site, greatly attachment is easy work of spiders that crawl your site.
- Beware of HTML errors, is one of the aspects that Google penalizes.
- Surely more than once have heard the famous phrase “content is king”, do not forget that Google is committed to the unique content and value.
- Create a blog and update it regularly, nothing better than working the Inbound Marketing.
- Update your content regularly, Google assesses the current information.
- Creates an Alt text for each image, you will help search engines to know the contents of that file.
- Enrich your content with multimedia formats. I recommend using Youtube for this purpose, since Google took the Youtube video social network directly affects the SEO of a site.
- Includes social links, social networks becoming increasingly important in the organic positioning acquired. Create a profile on Google+ for your site, a very effective strategy Social SEO.
- Create a customized all kinds of devices you design, Google prefers pages with responsive design.
Offpage SEO, external stimuli
- Optimize your SEO strategy through statistical monitoring tools and user behavior such as Google Analytics or Google Web Master Tools.
- Add your web business directories in your sector.
- If your business is located in a specific geographic area give it high in Google Places .
- Register your domain search engine to index your site ( Google , Yahoo , Bing).
- Work the quality of your content in order to get external links to other pages (linkbuilding). You can create a linkbuilding strategy and collaborate with other sites related to your activity.
Writing for SEO
When generating content for our website or blog must always pursue its quality, we never lose sight of some recommendations related to SEO that will help you achieve the desired natural position:
- Create a list of keywords and try to include them in your posts.
- Generates short titles (“H1”), 70 characters maximum, containing the main keyword or keywords.
- Includes other important keywords in subtitles (“H2” and “H3”).
- Repeat keywords for which want to position several times over the content.
- In the case of a blog, watch the extension of your post (they should have at least 500 words).
- Tag contents and includes categories.
- Links to other related content on your site pages.
- I recommend you use regularly and follow a plugin SEO optimization recommendations detailing like this is going.
- Manually change the names of the URL and optimize for keywords that interest you, do not let it generated automatically.
- Includes pictures or videos to enrich your content and make it more attractive, will achieve increase time on page users.
- Stresses buttons “share” in social networks.
The Importance of Social SEO
Social bookmarking are gaining more weight in the algorithm of Google and it seems that its importance in positioning a page will continue to increase in the coming years. I recommend you think carefully about your Social Media strategy to achieve greater search engine visibility.
Not everything is to win the “battle” for the top spot in Google. . There are many practices that we avoid some details:
- Cloaking: Consists of displaying different content to the user and the bot that crawls the website, in order to manipulate what it indexes. It shows the robot a page full of keywords and phrases, even if the user accesses a page of normal content. This method is easily detectable and is highly penalized.
- Farm Links: web space where there are many links that search engines are able to track page repeatedly. If your website leads to another penalized (via a link) will also hit by the search engine.
- Pages Door: Empty pages without content, used to redirect visitors. Google penalizes this technique for not offering relevant content.
- Duplicate Content: If your website is created from word “cut” and “glued” will be penalized to the extent of lowering positions in Google.
- Sites with dubious contents: there are sites that automatically download software or content that may be “malicious” (virus). Searchers create filters to detect this type of malware.
Small changes, big results
SEO minimum optimizations can result in a significant increase in sales, however, bad SEO strategy can be harmful to our business. Improve organic positioning of a website through SEO techniques is a task that must plan for the long term, do not be impatient. If you follow these tips and avoid falling into errors you end up achieving success in your goals, remember that “time puts everyone is your place.”